Nicky is trying out my gazelle glider! He likes to exercise in his diaper so he can show off his muscle's!
I plan to start exercising on this after my recovery from surgery! Right now I use it to hang my purse on! lol
Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
We finally got a little rain tonight! Here is the rainbow, where is the pot of gold! I could sure use it!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Two nights in a row we have had beautiful sunsets. It looked like we were going to get some rain out of these clouds but we didn't. They say Arizona is a dry heat well these last couple of days have been muggy. It may not be as bad as some places but it still felt pretty awful. We need rain so bad. I haven't gotten more than a few drops this summer at my home. I think we all need to do some rain dances!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
My doctor is working on getting the insurance approval for my knee replacement. I am a bit nervous because I have never had any type of major surgery. I have had my tubes tied and a orthoscopic surgery on this same knee, both of these were out-patient surgeries. The only hospital stay I have had is when I had my babies.
I don't know how long it takes them to set things up but I am ready. I want to be able to walk normal again. I have had to walk with a stiff knee for the last 9 months. It is time!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
The legend of the Dutchman mine in the Superstition Mountains is still luring hikers in to look for the gold. As of early July three men have been lost in the mountains. They came down from Utah to search for the gold. Their families say they were obsessed with the legend and thought they could find it. Many people over the years have searched and lost their lives trying to find the mine. There was a young man lost last year that still has not been found. The lure of the gold sucks them in and they believe they will be the ones that will find it. With temperatures around 110 + these last couple of weeks that chance of finding these gentlemen alive is diminishing fast. Most likely it is already to late. Which is truly sad because there is no proof that the gold is even there. It all could very well be just a legend....
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
I loved "The Secret to Everything" by Barbara O'Neal. The book made me more aware of my surroundings. The time I spend with people/pets, the food I taste and the sights I see.
You will want to take your camera and start taking pictures of everything!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I started the process today that will hopefully end with the replacement of my knee. I have put it off long enough. The pain has been intense lately. Walking has been difficult. So I went to my doctor to get the referral needed to go see an orthopedic surgeon.
It is time ~
Sunday, July 4, 2010
1. The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
2. The second fold is a symbol of our belief in the eternal life.
3. The third fold is made to honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks who gave a portion of life for the defense of our country.
4. The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in times of war for His divine guidance.
5. The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, “Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.”
6. The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
7. The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of or Republic.
8. The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.
9. The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood, for it has been through their faith, love, loyalty, and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great have been molded.
10. The tenth fold is a tribute to father, for he too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.
11. The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen, represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies, in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
12. The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents en emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
When the flat is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, “In God We Trust.”
And they want to take "In God We Trust" out and off of everything! It is what our country was established on!