Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"A Voice in the Wind"



I read "A Voice in the Wind" by Francine Rivers for my book club. This is the first book in the Mark of the Lion book series. I had a hard time getting into it because the violence in the beginning. But I am glad I finished it and went on the read the next two books in the series, "Echo in the Darkness" & "As Sure as the Dawn". Reading this book has made me really appreciated the freedom we have to be Christians in todays world.

I have to say one good thing coming out of me being laid off, is now I spend a lot more time reading my bible. I am finding joy in reading the bible before it was always a struggle. God has blessed me and opened my eyes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH! Did you read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers? You have to. We read it in our book club. I loved it!!! If you love romance.. this is the book for you. It is based on the book of Hosea.

I have picked this book up a couple of times and always put it back... Maybe I will re-think it!
Thanks for sharing!

Regarding the daily devotion... I still struggle with the discipline that that requires. It is soooo little compared to what He has done for us... You'ld think we would be better at it.

~Liz