Sunday, January 1, 2012

Book Goals

My goal for the past few years has been to read 100 books in a year. I have not made my goal yet. This years total is 75. I started the year reading "Fatally Frosted" by Jessica Beck and ended it with "Prey" by Linda Howard. Both good books.

My top five picks for the year are:
1) "Here Burns my Candle" & "Mine is the Night" by Liz Curtis Higgs.
2) "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'Dell (one of my childhood favorites)
3) "Night Road" by Kristin Hannah
4) "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
5) "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins

Does anyone have any suggestions on books for me to read in 2012?

6 comments:

Terra said...

Now you have intrigued me and I will count the number of books I read in 2011; I wrote each one down but didn't count them.
I suggest Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson, my fav book of the year. Set in an English village.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

You will make your goal this year. I remember last year that I was going to do this with you and count my books that I read but I know it was not near your 75.
Maybe I can this year. lol Since the kids bought me the nook for Christmas I think I might read more because it is easier to hold but I still prefer holding a book. Just nothing like a book.
I will get back with you about a good read maybe later today.
My son ask for the Hunger games for Christmas and I bought it for him I was wondering if it was a good read now I see you suggested it.
I am up early I am suppose to show my house in town to rent at 9:30...wish me luck.
Love
Maggie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo, I just love a good book list! You have several of mine covered here.

Here's wishin' you a wonderful New Year girl.

God bless and have a beautiful weekend! :o)

Anonymous said...

You have been given the 'Reader Appreciation Award'. If you choose to accept it please stop by my blog and pick it up. Love your blog very much and thank you for being a faithful follower and reader of mine...and the kitties. Hugs

Fleet said...

Did you read The Glass Castle or Half-Broke Horse by Jeanette Walls?

Glad I stumbled on your blog...came right after mine!

Software information said...

Beats By Dr. Dre Studio headphones with active noise reduction technology, with the outside world by issuing a noise equal but opposite phase sound waves, noise, and can effectively reduce the interference of outside noise. beats headphones allow you to rest in the wonderful details of the music,while reducing the volume to protect your hearing.