Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Trip to Tombstone AZ


 
 
I was born and raised in Arizona but had never been to Tombstone. It has been on mine and my sister's bucket list for a while now. So finally last week my sister Cindey her husband Dick, my son Jeremy and myself when to Tombstone. We really had fun but wish we had more time to explore this interesting town. We started at Boothill Graveyard.




 
These graves are the most famous ones because they were the men who died from the shootout at OK Corral. (Which really wasn't at OK Corral but was real close)



 
 
Next stop was the Bird Cage. Which is why Jeremy wanted to come. See my son is a big fan of Ghost Hunters. They filmed a episode here.
 


 
The stage inside the Bird Cage. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. You can see the uper box seats to the left and right above.
 
 


 
One of the rooms on the bottom floor where the "Ladies" stayed.
 
 

 
 
Big Nose Kate's Saloon. We had lunch here. It was very good.


 
 
The stage inside of Big Nose Kate's. It was small too.
 
 

 
Doc Holiday walking the streets of Tombstone.


 
 
This is the site of the famous gunfight at OK Corral. It was behind the actual corral area, in an alley.
 
 
 

 
The front of OK Corral

 
 

 
 
 
Pictures of Doc Holiday and his lady Big Nose Kate.
 
 


 
 
Picture of Josephine, Wyatt Earp's lady
 
 


 
My son Jeremy walking the streets of Tombstone AZ Nov. 26th 2012

3 comments:

Deb said...

what a fun trip...I bet you learned alot also...

Just Mags said...

Great pictures. I have seen very little of AZ passing through a couple of times. But what little I have seen in person and in pictures I can tell it has its own kind of beauty. Thanks for sharing your nice trip in pictures. Hugs

Anonymous said...

never been to tombstone -- hoping to get there some days in the near future..
I love AZ winters..
Hugs