Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy 80th Birthday to my Mom ~



My mom turned 80 years young. We had her party at my sister Gloria's house in Farmington NM.We sure had fun decorating it!



It was a great party! We invited lots of family and friends



We wanted to make this birthday special for her. It is the first birthday since my Dad's passing away in March. It has been really hard for her but it is to be expected since they were married for 61 1/2 years.





We had cake, ice cream and watched a slideshow I made for her with over 150 photos from when she was little through now. We cried and we laughed. She loved it!



We all gathered around to sing Happy Birthday to her






Mom, myself,  my sister Gloria and brother-in-law Eddie and my sister Cindey





 My granddaughter Allyssa with her Great Grandma McKee





 After everyone left but family we all went on the patio to watch the sunset it was a beautiful night!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

she is really young looking! more like 68 rather than 80! great looking cake to help her celebrate, too.

thanks for stopping in today!

MadSnapper said...

your mom looks fantastic, and you have a wonderful beautiful family... thanks for all your nice comments last night..

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Aw honey I am so glad you guys gave your sweet Mom a special Birthday Party. Eighty is a big one to celebrate.
I know it has been hard on all of you since March and I am still keeping you all in my prayers.
Love ya
Maggie