Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The yada yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson

I really liked this book that was recommended to me by Susan at http://bigsticksblog.blogspot.com/
I could relate to the main character, Jody Baxter. Which I'm not sure that's good, but I feel I was able to learn something from reading this book. And that in itself is huge!

Synopsis
What do an ex-con, a former drug addict, a real estate broker, a college student, and a married mother of two have in common?
Nothing, or so I thought. Who would have imagined that God would make a group as mismatched as ours the closest of friends?
I almost didn't even go to the Chicago Women's Conference--after all, being thrown together with five hundred strangers wasn't exactly my "comfort zone." And being placed in a prayer group of twelve women from such diverse backgrounds seemed completely awkward.
But something happened that weekend to make us realize we had to hang together. The "Yada Yada Prayer Group" was born, and we decided to meet regularly to pray for each other: knocking off each other's rough edges and learning to laugh and cry along the way! And when I faced the biggest crisis of my life, God used my newfound girlfriends to help teach me--Jodi Baxter, longtime Christian "good girl"--what it means to be just a sinner saved by grace.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great book, I will have to check it out :)

Kelly

Julie said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed visiting your blog. Merry Christmas!