Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

The first week in May is Teacher Appreciation Week. I am showing appreciation to my 5th grade teacher, Mr. Davis. He instilled in me my love of reading. Mr. Davis also was my favorite teacher. He is passed away now, but just last year I talked to his wife Mrs. Davis (a teacher also). I told her how much I loved having Mr. Davis as a teacher.
I also noticed the two boys that are on each side of me in this picture, have both passed away. It is so sad. We just had my 30th reunion last October. We have lost a lot of classmates over the years. Oh to those old schools days, I think back on the memories fondly. Well most of them! lol

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hi Cherrie,
Thank you so much for stopping by "The Zoo" and your sweet comments. I will be coming back to you for some book recommendations.
Have a great weekend.
*Tricia