Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Napa Valley Winery, SF Trip part 3

While we were visiting Napa Valley we went to Beringer's Winery. My sister Gloria is a wine lover and Beringer, is one she buys regularly. I have to say I am not a big fan of wine.


The buildings were very beautiful.


The views were spectacular, looking out over Napa Valley


It is a beautiful area. It was warmer than San Francisco so we didn't need our sweaters.




This is the stump of their famous oak tree.






A look at the tiny grapes growing on the vine.






Just one of the many vineyards they have growing.





My sisters and brother-in-laws sampling the wines!








We went in-doors to view the wine barrels. They set everything up before hand. The guide carries the wine. We sampled four different kinds.










Picture of the original Beringers






The original grape press.




My niece Alisha in one of the tunnels. It was her 24th birthday.





The under ground tunnels storing the wine for future consumption!








I did not drink both those glasses!






We three sisters!







Just one of the decorated wine barrels.






My sister Gloria and her husband Eddie. She signed up for the wine of the month club! She LOVES wine!








Since we were close to the Infineon Raceway, Eddie had to go. Eddie LOVES Nascar!






We saw this big chair along the road to Infineon. We all took turns getting pictures in the chair. Here is Richard. We had a good laugh over this chair.




Since it was Alisha birthday, she wanted to see the ocean. So we drove over to Bodega Bay. Bodega Bay is were the film "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock, was filmed. We ate at "The Tides Wharf". It was cold and windy!







I zoomed in on this sail boat in the bay. The waitress told me it has been out there for about 9 months. The owner didn't have the money to pay someone to get it unstuck. That is so sad, I can't believe some good Samaritan didn't help him get it out!







Family photo, a good person offered to take our picture! A happy family trip. We had a great day!
Next I will blog about our "Road Trip...RV style"





















3 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

WOW..what a great place..
it looks wonderful..and love the
winery and the vineyard.
smiles, Deena

Anonymous said...

I spent a spring break in college visiting a girlfriend who lived in wine country in north central California. Beautiful!

Loved the giant chair!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cherrie
Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed my visit to your blog today. I loved your posts about San Franciso, Alcatraz and The Winery. Great pictures of a wonderful trip. I would love to visit those places one day.
I can't believe it's 110 there today! I hope you are managing to keep cool.
Best Wishes from England.
Lindsay