Sunday, June 21, 2009

San Francisco Trip Part 1

First day in San Francisco. We started the day at the Golden Gate Bridge. She is an awesome site. It was a cloudy day, weather was about 64 degrees. This was my first time to SF and I was so excited to finally be here.





Here we are with the Golden Gate in the back ground. My brother-in-law Richard, sister Cindey, myself, sister Gloria and my niece Alisha. My brother-in-law Eddie was taking the picture.



Richard and Cindey. We walked out on the bridge. It is 1.7 miles long.



Gloria and Eddie






Me


We passed by this apartment building near Chinatown. They have to hang their laundry out to dry on the cat walk since they have no back yards.
This park was in Chinatown. There were groups of men and groups of women sitting around the park with their bags of pennies playing cards.


A shop in Chinatown. The prices seemed really low too me. I purchased items for souvenirs.








This is one of the painted ladies. They are shown in the opening credits of the show "Full House".
I just love the houses in SF.


City Hall



Here comes the trolley car. We hopped on for a ride.







Here is a picture I took of the gears in the trolley car.






My niece Alisha and her Dad hanging off the side of the trolley car.







Richard being a daredevil hanging off trolley car.








Looking down one of many long steep streets in SF.








Look at all the steps. Imagine carry groceries up those steps.








I thought this house was beautiful. It is a newer home but they have to follow the building guidelines of the older style Victorian Homes.






This is the Presido area. These were shown in the movie "Presido"








This was taken under the Golden Gate Bridge looking back at San Francisco.








We started our day at the Golden Gate Bridge and we ended our day there also. These are just a few of the pictures I took along the way. I ended up taking a total of 497 pictures during our trip.




Part 2 of our trip is of Alcatraz. I will post that in a few days. Here is a picture of "The Rock" looking out from under Golden Gate Bridge.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love the painted ladies and the Golden Gate Bridge has always been a beautiful bridge...love the red.

SweetAnnee said...

Absolutely fabulous..and
the houses!!!!

but those steps and groceries
dont go together at all.

Siles and hugs..Deena

jennykate77 said...

I LOVE the pictures!!! I want to go to San Fran. My hubby has been there and taken in all the wonderful sights...Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, etc. Looks like such a beautiful place to visit.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Hope you're having a great day!